Johns Creek’s answer to mixed-use lifestyle centers such as Avalon will include the first suburban locations of Fadó Irish Pub and Little Rey, a Mexican concept by chef and restaurateur Ford Fry, project leaders announced today.
Those food-and-beverage wins are part of the initial slate of 11 tenants Toro Development Company unveiled—alongside fresh renderings—for the 43-acre Medley project in North Fulton County.
The new imagery depicts Medley as a walkable, active district (and future magnet for exotic car enthusiasts) with a 25,000-square-foot plaza and concierge system constituting the heart of the property.
Joining Fadó and Little Rey will be CRÚ Food & Wine Bar, which will claim a retail jewel-box space with a rooftop patio, similar to the eatery’s setup at Avalon. Other signed tenants include a fitness studio, medical spa, and purveyors of sushi, gelato, and exceptionally fluffy sandwiches.
TDC’s Medley vision calls for 200,000 square feet of space for restaurants, retail, and entertainment. Elsewhere will be roughly 900 residential units—a mix of townhomes and luxury multifamily homes—and 110,000 square feet of office space, according to TDC.
Demolition of a 350,000-square-foot, outdated office building at the 11650 John Creek Parkway site is ongoing. The project’s official groundbreaking is scheduled later this year.
Medley is expected to eventually constitute about 1/5th of Johns Creek’s master-planned Town Center, a centralized municipal hub and recreation destination with parks, trails, and housing a few acres larger than Piedmont Park.
“As is our custom, we’re not leasing space, we’re investing in relationships,” Mark Toro, a veteran metro Atlanta developer and TDC’s chief vision officer, said in a prepared statement. “Brand alignment is important to us, and we’re intentionally seeking tenants who share our values and know how to deliver exceptional guest experiences.”
The developer is still seeking an Indian restaurant, a steakhouse, fitness concept, and dress boutique, among other concepts, according to Kimberly Goetz, TDC’s vice president of leasing.
Here’s the totality of Medley’s first roster of tenants, as described by TDC officials in an announcement today (edited for length):
- Little Rey, a Northern Mexico-inspired menu offering wood-roasted “chicken al carbon” at its core, plus staples like al carbon tacos, traditional street style tacos, salads, and fresh salsas, all on hand-made tortillas.
- CRÚ Food & Wine Bar, a premier wine bar from Patrick Colombo featuring a selection of over 300 wines and delightful food pairings, including artisan cheese flights, stone fired pizzas, and taste and share plates.
- AYA Medical Spa, a leading Atlanta-based cosmetic treatment spa that offers medical-grade skincare products and cosmetic treatments.
- Fadó Irish Pub, an elevated Irish pub designed for the 21st century. Known for its authentic Irish décor and warm hospitality, guests can enjoy brunch, lunch, and dinner with a wide range of European and local craft beers and specialty cocktails. Founded in Buckhead in 1996.
- BODY20, a boutique fitness studio that utilizes an FDA-Cleared electro-muscle stimulation (EMS) suit to revolutionize the way people work out.
- Lily Sushi Bar, a sushi concept that first opened in Alpharetta. Lily Sushi Bar features a menu of quintessential Japanese cuisine, locally sourced produce, and carefully crafted cocktails.
- Lucciano’s Gelato, a family-owned company born out of a desire to satisfy consumers of artisan gelato in Argentina.
- Sugarcoat Beauty, an award-winning modern nails and beauty bar that has been locally owned and operated since 2010.
- Summit Coffee, a North Carolina-based retailer and certified organic coffee roaster, focuses on the intersection of serving remarkable coffee in an approachable environment. Medley will be Summitt Coffee’s fourth Georgia location.
- Knuckies Hoagies, an Atlanta-based sandwich shop with award-winning dough that creates an incredibly soft and fluffy roll. Knuckies also serves cheesesteaks, pressed Cubans, fresh salads, soups, and handcrafted desserts.
- Cookie Fix, a gourmet cookie shop offering freshly baked cookies and to-go cookie dough. Medley will mark the concept’s its first Georgia location.
Follow us on social media:
• Johns Creek news, discussion (Urbanize Atlanta)